Saturday 14 September 2013

Status Quo

In each one of us, there is a dream to make it big. Some hit jackpot, while others do it step by step. We all want gold, in cash or in kind. Basically: top class job, sexy lifestyle!

And when that moment actually comes, when you cross the threshold of jitters to job, hassles to hired, panic to placed, the feeling is all you have. Amidst smiles, tears, hugs (and ass-kicks), you know you did it.

We do it for our parents, our siblings, ourselves. Years of hard work (or just work) seem to pay off. A new sense of self-respect seeps in .  Bole toh achievement ho gayi mamu!

Facebook updates, twitter tweets, dur ke rishtedaaron ka saalon baad telephone karna , mom-dad ka mohalle me mithai baatna and dear friends yelling "treat treat treat" all happen so suddenly, you realize life does change. 

So when yesterday I too got placed on-campus, the world expected an fb update. A juicy status update. Moreover, they wanted to post congratulatory messages on my timeline. That is, virtual hugs and kisses. And love.
And a self-invite to party. 

But, well, my timeline has posts by me only settings. And I didn't update any status. Nor did I change my profile pic to some pic with me in interview attire. Nor did my cover photo say "placed"/ "hired" . Nor did I use the hashtag of the company hiring me.

Why?
(Asked my friends in my mind and out loud)
Am I not happy? Of course, I am. 
Didn't I want this job? Of course I did.
Don't I want my fb friends fraternity to be happy for me. That's really your choice :-)

The truth is, for me, I'm still the same Vinti. The careless, pampered youngest child of my parents. The baby sis of my big brother. The fatty little, daydreaming, boastful gal of my gang. I still have the sames issues: weight and weighty ones. My aspirations still intact, purse still empty( and so chic! ;) ) 

Novels and gossips and Chandler Bing still rule my heart. 

Status: Status Quo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment