Tuesday 7 January 2014

Winter Woes World Wodehouse

‘Life-Threatening Wind Chill’ 


'America hasn't been this cold in 20 years. Record breaking 'polar vortex' sweeps the nation with temps that can freeze skin in just 10 minutes.'


A glumness had set in, an air of chilly despondence would slap hard, now and then, and the more I held onto my seat belt of assuring delusions, the colder and darker the road of reality got. Sometimes, you drive into a one-way lane with no exits visible. The best way is to change the gears and keep listening to the radio.

As the season of dormancy has arrived, I have decided to apply the reverse gear and put my hibernation drive to the neutral.

For every winter brings in, along with the numbing chill, the lights and merry and a hope of Happy New somethings. (strictly in reference to the Northern Hemisphere).  

      Aam janata joins Aam Aadmi Party. 
Arvind Kejriwal-  the Man Du Jour
picture courtesy: Amul on Facebook

As the hearth of Indian politics fires up, I find a change in thermodynamics: The mercury takes a dip outdoors, while the drawing room discussions heat up. After I finish understanding Swaraj -as Delhi's incumbent CM sees it , I would like to read Wodehouse, my new something for Two O One Four.

All-in-all, the West goes skiing and many-fold layers, our East wants a new timeline : Assam's New Year Wish and we, with snow-less, "sweaters-on, ceiling fans-off" winters, contend ourselves with kites and oondhiyo-jalebi.


No comments:

Post a Comment