Sunday 19 July 2020

Home Office

As oxymoron-ic as it may sound; I am setting up my Home Office. 120 days of work from home later, I have decided to have a dedicated office space. So far, I have used my bed, dining table, drawing room sofa and even my balcony garden as a makeshift office #hotdesking . Which means I have put almost all the electric sockets in my home (except those in kitchen and bathroom) to use by charging my laptop and my mobile #loadsharing (ok, sorry!)
If in movies, we try to imagine a post apocalyptic world, in reality we are hoping for a post pandemic world. Until then, #wfh seems to be a long term state and I would rather only one corner of my house reek of corporate shit.
So, I am setting up my Home Office. I have two options-
  1. My old-timey computer table in my parents' room(where the monitor, CPU, keyboard, mouse and printer still reside; all wearing my mom's hand embroidered table covers). The drawer contains what 90s kids would know were called music cassettes (all adorned in dust bunnies).
  2. My study desk- currently housing all things miscellaneous- a wall clock that works only when it's not hanging on a wall, a plastic flower that is also a tiny wind mill and non-functioning stationery items like dried up sketch pens and blackened erasers. 
Remember one of those cliches "I keep my personal and work life separate"😆

No comments:

Post a Comment