Friday 18 December 2015

TV Review: TBBT Season 9 Episode 11

Title: The Opening Night Excitation

The Gist: The wait is over. Star Wars fans rejoice. Star Wars The Force Awakens is here. ShAmy fans squeak. Sheldon 'gives it' to the birthday girl Amy.

The Best Moments:
(or a list of every moment of this episode :D)

  1. We have seen the boys anxiously spending hours online to get Comic Con tickets. We have seen them wait outside theatres for hours and hours to see extra 21 seconds of Indiana Jones. But this is Star Wars. Tickets go for sale early. Website gets frozen. Sheldon kneels to the Lord. Howard gets the tickets. Victory.
  2. Sheldon and Amy are back together. After their shocking break-up to Sheldon's intended proposal to moving on to failed attempts at dating others to Amy trying to get back together and Sheldon rejecting to them kissing passionately and making up, does it get better? It does. It's Amy's birthday. 
  3. Sheldon's beloved Professor Proton in his Obi-Wan avatar comes time and again in Sheldon's dreams with his delightful humour and helpful advice. Poor Professor Proton.
  4. Sheldon decides to not watch Star Wars on its opening day and celebrate Amy's birthday. He asks Penny and Bernadette to help him choose from three birthday gifts: 1) A Harp-thing 2) A Sheep-thing and 3) The Wow-Thing. Penny broke her wine glass and I dropped my jaw.
  5. The girls take Amy out for a pre-celebration for the big day- 'the big night'. 
  6. Wil Wheaton does the unthinkable. In a theatre full of Star Wars fans, he comes dressed in a Star Trek uniform. 
  7. As the end of wait approaches, Amy and Sheldon are nervous. So are Leonard, Raj and Howard. How will it feel like? How will the movie be like? 
  8. At the finale, Sheldon had fun. Amy too. Leonard, Raj and Howard too. All sigh with satisfaction. Never thought I could write this line for a TBBT episode :P
  9. The naughty Professor returns in Sheldon's sleep, this time willingly, to find out 'how was it?' Sheldon found it great... Amy found it fine too. Of-course she's not familiar with the Star Wars franchise. Of-course Sheldon will be Sheldon! 
My Say:
This was the first time I have giggled and giggled and giggled while watching a TBBT episode. The first time I found myself yelling at the screen-" oh my God, oh my God,oh my God!" Just like the nerd me couldn't believe that Star Wars is here, the romantic in me never thought ShAmy would sleep together. The excitement for Star Wars was familiar. I wanted to see it. The amazement at ShAmy's intimacy was new. I didn't know if I could watch it. Normally I feel I can't wait to watch the next episode. Right now, it is taking a lot of effort to stop myself from re-watching this episode again and again.



No comments:

Post a Comment