Saturday 15 April 2023

Arranged Marriage- "About Kanya"

Starting a new series on my real-life-experiences in the "Arranged Marriage" process. 

Chapter 1: "About Me Kanya"




When I start doing Life Math, it usually goes like this scene from Rachel's 30th birthday. I start off strong, firmly believing that it's not too late. I still got a couple of years to tie the knot. Which is followed by the realization that despite what I have been telling myself throughout my 20s, I do want a grand wedding (which would require time to plan). Not just that, I want a courtship period as well. Not too long, but not too short either. Which basically means that I need to meet my man by or before- right now.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is just the tip of the iceberg- that is the life that I am leading right now. 
My boss recently asked me what I do to unwind during the weekends. My honest reply was that I hunt for husbands. Which is such a funny image, if taken literally. Most male colleagues love joking about how their wives are so strict, as if those ladies are "hunters" and these men are "innocent animals who never know what hit them!" 
Another colleague asked me if I am on Tinder or Bumble. Dude, I live in my parents' house and use my parents' WiFi. The only mate-search apps that I use are "jeevansathi" and "shaadi-dot-com" 😛 

No comments:

Post a Comment