Sunday 30 April 2023

Arranged Marriage- "100%, you will never get"

Chapter 3:

Netflix's Sima Aunty has consistently maintained that "100%, you will never get. If 60%-70% is there, you should take it". Just like some of her clients realize that she could be right and they have to move forward and take a chance to know the "match" better, I also gradually eased my 'filters' from strict to maybe to never mind while going through online groom search in the last 3 years or so. 

But everyone is on a different place on this spectrum of strict to maybe to never mind. Which means even if you are ok with your 60%-70%, not necessary that the other person is also going to settle for  less than their 100%.

These are some true stories of how or why your 'kanya' has been rejected so far-

  • You have Masters, while I am just a B.Tech degree holder. You don't want to settle for me (because he knows what I want)!
  • Your daughter earns well (=more than my son which for some reason bothers me). All the best for your search.  
  • It has been really fun to get to know you. But I am looking for someone who lives in the same city as I am right now (= I already found someone "more fun" in my neighborhood).
  • Everything is nice, but your daughter is five feet tall. We want a girl who is atleast five feet two inches (a whole two inches!!)
My ex-room-mate always says this- "When you get married, it will be to a guy to whom you will narrate all your horrible experiences and he will not only laugh with you, he'll also probably love you for these very 'mis-matches'". Amen bestie!

No comments:

Post a Comment