Saturday 11 February 2012

Under The Sun

Its 10 degrees in Surat and such chilled Saturdays in hostel can mean laze and lethargy. After a bread-butter breakfast and tasteless tea, I made Priya to come and sit with me on the swing in our hostel garden.



She was being pestered by some silly guy in her department and her inbox was getting littered with his pain-in-head messages as we sat on the swing. Newspaper had nothing new to offer as it had same old stories of elections, scams, Maldives and cricket. Of course there was this little snippet about Yuvraj Singh and his recovery .

News scanning was over soon . Then there was this BTS teacher of Priya's sitting on the nearby swing and my ears caught a few phrases of her phone call: "Shaadi k baad--I'm educated enough--Who says so--What is life without job----" . My ears rejected rest of it. My brain didn't want any more of it. Poor head is full of everything else, my day dreams, Vikram Seth's An Equal Music, our college fest, Priya's funky dresses for the Fashion Nite, who my co-anchor would be in the fest, MPI class test and PC quiz. That's more clutter in my head than in my room.

She starts clicking pictures . Her mobile camera is so good. Of course she would like a digi cam or a professional camera, HD and all. Sun has been warming me for an hour now. In-fact I remove my F1 jacket and enjoy the warmth. I join her in photographing our shadows. We laugh and we pose. I'm at peace now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment