Thursday 7 July 2011

jealous

One emotion that always takes a toll over me is going green.
First pangs of jealousy were felt at the age of just 12, seeing my best friend getting closer to a new girl in our class.
This taught me that friends are a treasure which can't be owned. But until this realization dawned upon me, I had spent many sour friendless days.
Coming to a new place and being in the shoes of a newbie , now, I got a taste of somebody else being jealous of  me being a friend snatcher. Yes, friends aren't property, they are prosperity .
Second shot of envy came with seeing love blossoming all around. It seemed all my friends had reached a paradise I just can't tread into.
This lasted for a very short span, seeing the bubbles bursting very soon and I could only resist smirking . Bad me!
Jealousy then took many a shapes, sometimes being a cloud of grades with no silver lining whatsoever ,and  at times being minuscule matters like lovely long tresses my many girlfriends owned.
These days I'm jealous of the girls who cook well and look well! And I can admit this with a smile .


2 comments:

  1. True that! Everybody experiences jealousy, often and in various forms. Life's just hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snigi, yeah....life's way too hard.... But maybe these doses of jealously act as driving forces to keep us going.... I need these shots honestly, as I'm too lazy to improve on my own.

    ReplyDelete